Pure Creativity > The Gates :: The Swap Meet :: > e. "I would have liked to have played a littl

e. "I would have liked to have played a littl - Posted By blueberryjerry (blueberryjerry) on 19th Sep 16 at 6:08am
DENVER -- Early on, Stephen Strasburg didnt have his best stuff and yet the powerful right-hander tried to bear down to keep his team close. Brett Favre Packers Jersey . Almost paid off, too. The Washington Nationals loaded the bases in the ninth before falling 6-4 to Jorge De La Rosa and the Colorado Rockies on Wednesday. Strasburg (7-8) settled in after a shaky start, giving up four runs -- three of which were in the first -- and nine hits over 5 1-3 innings. "Giving up three runs early, I couldve easily shut it down," Strasburg said. "I didnt want to do that. I wanted to keep it as close as possible. Give the guys a chance to come back -- anything can happen here." And almost did. Closer LaTroy Hawkins got the first two outs in the ninth, before allowing RBI singles to Jayson Werth and Anthony Rendon to make it a 6-4 game. With the bases loaded, Hawkins struck out Ian Desmond to end the rally. "You have to tip your cap sometimes. He did a good job," Desmond said. "He made some pitches on me. "We did a good job battling back right there. We kept on grinding away. Ill take us in that situation a lot of times." Denard Span had four hits for the Nationals, who finished the season series 5-1 against Colorado. He was one of the few to have success against De La Rosa, who gave the Rockies a badly needed boost as they snapped a seven-game skid. "Jorge, another great outing. He did it again," manager Walt Weiss said. "Were scuffling like crazy and he takes the ball and gives us a great performance and wins the game." The Rockies tried a little bit of everything to break out of their funk. They wore their socks high and even engaged in a pregame staring contest. Turns out, the best cure for their slump was simply the left arm of De La Rosa. De La Rosa (11-6) struck out a season-high 11 as he pitched efficiently into the eighth inning. He kept the Nationals guessing by effectively mixing in a changeup with his 89-mph cutter. "All my pitches were working really good today," said De La Rosa, who allowed two runs -- one earned -- before being lifted for a reliever with one out in the eighth. "My command of all my pitches was really good today." The Rockies decided as a team to wear their socks high, just to try something new. Even Weiss followed the trend. This helped ease the tension, too: Prior to the first pitch, Rockies outfielder Brandon Barnes and Nationals reliever Aaron Barrett engaged in quite a stare-down, with both players standing near the dugout holding their hats over their chest to see who would blink first. After several minutes, Barnes finally gestured toward Barrett that they settle it with a game of rock-paper-scissor. Right after De La Rosas warmup pitches, home plate umpire Paul Emmel told Barnes go into the dugout, with Barrett throwing his hands up in triumph. "Well do any stare-down to win games, for sure," joked Nolan Arenado. Once again, De La Rosa mastered a park that typically isnt friendly to pitchers. Hes 42-14 lifetime at Coors Field. "This is the perfect park for me," he said. Usually, its the hitters saying that. De La Rosa had his pitches dancing all day. He struck out Bryce Harper three times. The Nationals were just 1 of 14 with runners in scoring position off De La Rosa. "He knows how to pitch here," Nationals manager Matt Williams said. "Hes got a surprising fast ball when he needs it, but he relies on his changeup a lot. Thats a great strategy here. "Hes a good pitcher. He pitches well." The Nationals were without infielder Ryan Zimmerman, who went on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday with a strained right hamstring. "Its a pretty substantial strain of the hamstring," Williams said. "You never know how its going to react, so well just take it day by day. Its going to be a couple of weeks at least. Well see where he is at the end of that and go from there. He pulled it good." NOTES: Werth wasnt in the starting lineup because of a tender right knee. ... The Nationals are off Thursday before opening a three-game series in Cincinnati. Custom Packers Jersey . -- Chris Bosh made his case: He wanted to go for the win. Ray Nitschke Packers Jersey . In many ways he was a different person with different responsibilities, different motivations. He had a lot to prove but he wasnt fully ready to prove it, not like he is now. http://www.packerssportsonline.com/packers-ty-montgomery-jersey/ . He didnt know it was going to turn out to be a career night. "When I first walked in here today I was yelling at everybody, I dont know what it is, but I have a lot of energy," Hill said. SUN CITY, South Africa -- Lee Westwood finished with two bogeys and a 1-over 73 but it was still enough to retain his title by two strokes at the Nedbank Golf Challenge on Sunday. The No. 3-ranked Westwood ended with a 15-under 273 total to stay clear of Robert Karlsson in second, despite a final-round charge from the Swedish player that cut Westwoods commanding seven-shot overnight lead in South Africa. Westwood made just two birdies on the final day and dropped three strokes over the back nine, but his dominant performance on Saturday -- when he shot a course-record 62 -- set up victory and only the second back-to-back win at Sun City over the last decade. A smiling Westwood threw his ball into the galleries on No. 18 after beating out Karlsson (68), who made seven birdies but dropped shots at Nos. 1, 8 and 16 at the Gary Player Country Club and ultimately couldnt overcome Westwoods hefty advantage. "Today wasnt going to be easy, going out with such a big lead," Westwood said. "When youve got a big lead youre never sure how to play. I tried to just break it down into fairways and greens. That wasnt possible all the time but I didnt make any silly mistakes out there." American Jason Dufner (69) tied for third with Graeme McDowell (70) on 11-under, while top-ranked Luke Donald was 10 shots off the pace in seventh, closing with a level-par 72 on his return from a five-week layoff after winning the U.S. PGA Tour money list. South Koreas Kyung-tae Kim was alone in fifth on 8 under, with Masters champion Charl Schwartzel two shots behind him in sixth. Westwood was the only player in the top seven of the 12-man field to be over par on Sunday after bogeys at Nos. 12, 17 and 18, but none of the chasers could take advantage of the Englishmans subdued finish, where he was in control throughout. "I was looking what everybody was doing all the way round," he said. "I was not too concerned with the odd bogey because the course was playing tough. You have to play it sensibly, it set up like a major championship golf course. Green Bay Packers Super Bowl Jersey. " McDowell made an early run with five birdies going out. But the Northern Irishman also slipped up with drops at Nos. 5, 7 and 16 -- and a double-bogey at No. 15 -- to fade away. Nedbank Challenge rookie Dufner birdied three of his first five holes and holed his approach for an eagle two at No. 11. But Dufner had back-to-back bogies to finish his front nine and a double on No. 15 where he matched McDowells slip at the par-4. Karlsson had a glimpse of a dramatic turnaround when he holed a 25-foot birdie putt on No. 17 to go 13-under, and playing partner Westwood pulled his four-footer to bogey the par-4 and slip to 16 under and three ahead. But even a bogey finish from Westwood and a 39 coming home was enough for a second Nedbank Challenge title. He collected $1.25 million and followed Jim Furyk, who was the last man to defend his Sun City title in 2006. Donald had one birdie and a bogey and parred 16 holes to finish 5-under ahead of a big weekend for the top-ranked Englishman, when he aims to become the first player to top the money lists on both the U.S and European tours in the same season. Donald now heads to the season-ending Dubai World Championship for a showdown with Rory McIlroy for the European money title. "I would have liked to have played a little better (at Sun City) but it was what I was kind of expecting," Donald said. "I knew I would be a little bit rusty and that was exactly why I wanted to come here. "I knew I was going to get four solid rounds in, work on my game, and feel ready for Dubai." Behind Donald, No. 4-ranked Martin Kaymer crashed to a final-round 76 to drop to 4-under for the tournament. Englands Simon Dyson (72) was ninth on 1-under and Denmarks Anders Hansen was 10th on even par. Italian Francesco Molinari lifted himself off last place with a 73 as British Open champion Darren Clarke slipped to the bottom of the field with a 6-over 78 and 9-over par for the tournament. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Re: e. "I would have liked to have played a.. - Posted By Tsubasafish (tsubasafish) on 16th Jun 22 at 3:33am
Tennessee Vol Jersey
West Virginia Football Jerseys
Longhorns Football Jersey
Texas A&M Football Jersey
Miami Hurricanes Football Jerseys
South Carolina Football Jersey
Wisconsin Badgers Jersey
Iowa State Football Jersey
Iowa Hawkeyes Football Jerseys
Alabama Crimson Tide Jerseys

Re: e. "I would have liked to have played a.. - Posted By Tsubasafish (tsubasafish) on 30th Jun 22 at 8:33am
Ohio State Football Jersey
Georgia Bulldogs Jersey
Iowa State Jerseys
Michigan State Football Jerseys
Badgers Jerseys
South Carolina Gamecocks Jersey
Miami Hurricanes Football Uniforms
Texas A&M Jerseys
Michigan Wolverines Football Jersey
Custom Alabama Jerseys

Re: e. "I would have liked to have played a littl - Posted By Tsubasafish (tsubasafish) on 20th Jul 22 at 8:42am
Notre Dame Football Jersey
Michigan Wolverines Jersey
Alabama Football Jersey
Alabama Football Uniforms
Michigan Wolverines Jersey
Oklahoma State Jersey
Ohio State Custom Jerseys
Georgia Football Uniform
Notre Dame Football Uniform
Ole Miss Football Jerseys